Victorian WorkCover Compensation

Injured workers are entitled to claim compensation for work injuries which include weekly payments, medical and like expenses, rehabilitation expenses or a lump sum benefit for permanent impairment.

If your work injury was caused by the fault of another, you may be entitled to common law damages for pain and suffering and for loss of earnings. Under WorkCover you need to establish that you have sustained a "serious injury" before you can commence your common law claim for damages.

We can give you advice about your potential entitlements and help you with making claims for benefits. If your WorkCover claim is rejected, we can help you request conciliation, advise you throughout the conciliation process and arrange representation. If your claim doesn't resolve at conciliation, our solicitors can help you pursue your compensation further by bringing a claim in the Magistrates Court.

If you have a permanent impairment from your injury, we can assist you with the process for making a claim for a lump sum impairment benefit. You are required to wait for at least one year from the date of your injury or when your injury has stabilised, which ever last occurs, before you can make a claim.

If your work injury was caused by the negligence of your employer, or someone else, we can advise you about your right to make a common law claim and can help you make that claim. If you think you may have a common law claim it is important that you talk to one of our experienced solicitors as soon as possible as strict time limits apply for making such claims.

It is important that you seek specific advice about what time limits apply in your particular case.  In most instances, you have six years within which to make a common law claim from the date you were injured.  However, it is important to act quickly as sometimes investigation may uncover that your injury occurred on an earlier date than first thought or changes in legislation may apply different time limits.


WorkSafe Victoria 

Union Assist        

Accident Compensation Conciliation Service

NSW WorkCover Compensation

We can also assist you if your injury results in an entitlement to compensation under NSW WorkCover.  The Workers Compensation Independent Review Office (WIRO) provides funding towards your legal costs and disbursements in a workers’ compensation application.


WorkCover NSW

SafeWork NSW

Law Institute Victoria Accredited Personal Injury Specialists


South Melbourne Office

Level 1, 239 Park Street South Melbourne 3205

Hobart Office

Unit 5, 286 Macquarie Street Hobart South 7004

©. All rights reserved.