If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, or some cycling accidents, in Victoria and you suffer injury, you are entitled to claim benefits under the Transport Accident Scheme. These benefits include:

  • Loss of earnings/earning capacity benefits for up to 3 years following the accident and beyond if you are left with permanent impairment of 50% or more.
  • Payment of medical expenses for treatment of your injuries including travel expenses.
  • Home help/gardening and attendant services.
  • Modifications to your home and/or vehicle.
  • Lump sum payment if you have suffered a permanent impairment of more than 10%.
  • Death benefits if you were dependent on someone who was killed in a car accident.


If you have suffered a serious injury and/or been left with permanent impairment of 30% or more and the accident was someone else's fault, you can sue for damages both for your pain and suffering and for loss of income.


Car accidents can have a devastating effect on your life and on the lives of the people you love. Negotiating your way through the system can be emotionally draining. Expert advice on how the system works and how to achieve your maximum entitlements can help reduce the pressure.

 Phone and Skype appointments available. Home or hospital visits can be arranged. The first consultation is free and all work is done on a “no win/no fee” basis*.

*Conditions apply


TAC    www.tac.vic.gov.au

Law Institute Victoria Accredited Personal Injury Specialists


South Melbourne Office

Level 1, 239 Park Street South Melbourne 3205

Hobart Office

Unit 5, 286 Macquarie Street Hobart South 7004

©. All rights reserved.