Public Liability

If you suffer an injury which is caused by someone else's negligence or fault, you may be entitled to damages. The circumstances where you can claim compensation for this type of injury include:


Accidents in public places including shopping centres and other retail outlets

  • Footpath accidents (subject to some significant exclusionary provisions)
  • School accidents
  • Playground accidents
  • Food poisoning
  • Ballooning accidents
  • Product failure
  • Accidents on private property (on someone else's premises)
  • Chemical exposure


These claims are usually only worth pursuing if the negligent party is insured.


Damages can include:

  • Pain and suffering (subject to reaching the relevant impairment threshold)
  • Loss of earnings
  • Medical and like expenses
  • Gratuitous Services

The claim is usually commenced by serving a letter of demand and claims are often settled out of court. If you have suffered an injury which you believe has been caused through someone else's fault, you should seek expert legal advice.

Phone and Skype appointments available. Home or hospital visits can be arranged. The first consultation is free and all work is done on a “no win/no fee” basis*.

*Conditions apply

Law Institute Victoria Accredited Personal Injury Specialists


South Melbourne Office

Level 1, 239 Park Street South Melbourne 3205

Hobart Office

Unit 5, 286 Macquarie Street Hobart South 7004

©. All rights reserved.